Shri Govindram Seksaria Institute of Technology and Science, Indore was established in 1952. SGSITS is recognized as a leading institute in the state of Madhya Pradesh and the western region consistently during its glorious journey of sixty years. It has been ranked among top 30-40 institutes on national level (including IITs and NITs) by independent bodies. Further looking to its credentials, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and University Grant Commission (UGC), New Delhi, has declared the institute as autonomous in 1989. Under the autonomous state, the institute is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi Prodyogiki Vishwavidhyalaya (university of technology of M.P.) Bhopal.
Presently, the institute offers ten UG courses (Regular), four UG courses (Part time), PG programs with twenty two specializations, two part time PG courses in various disciplines under the emerging areas of Engineering, Technology, Applied Sciences, Computer Applications, Management & Pharmacy.
Apart from spacious class rooms and well equipped laboratories, the campus of the institute encompasses four boys hostels, three girls hostel, one transit hostel and 44 faculty quarters. Institute has central library which has vast collection of books, reference library and a large number of subscribed online and print journals. In addition, institute also houses various amenities such as Play ground, Gymnasium, Indoor Sports Complex, Guest House, a branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce, a branch of Institution of Engineers, Co-operative Stores, Canteen, Ladies Common Room, Dispensary and office of SGSITS Alumni Association.