Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology
Department of Applied Chemistry was established in the year 1952 along with the establishment of CME department in the Institute. In the early years after establishment, department was involved in teaching engineering chemistry to B.E. students, but later on transformed into a department of P.G. teaching and Research in 1971. Department has proficient faculty and well equipped laboratories. The P.G. students are well placed in various industries. Current activities of department include conduction of U. G. and P.G. Courses, Research, Consultancy and Testing. After the start of M.Tech. (Chemical Technology) course the Department was renamed as Department of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology in 2016.