The department of Information Technology was established in the year 2000 with the introduction of B.E.(I.T.) programme. This programme aims to prepare students to either pursue a professional carrier immediately after graduation or to continue with post graduate studies. The curriculum of the course is reviewed and revised regularly, keeping in view the needs of industry. Many student projects at final year are carried out in association with the industries. The department has got well equipped laboratories for teaching, learning and research.
Detail information about the department is as follows:
- year of establishment - 2000
- Well qualified faculties, 1 Professor, 3 Associate professors, having PG and Ph. D. from IITs, NIT and other reputed institutions.
- Well equipped laboratories - e.g. cloud computing lab, mobile computing lab
- Consultancy to industries
- placements in reputed organizations with higher packages
- TEQIP project phase-III
- MHRD projects taken up by some faculties
- Good publications from faculties and students
- R&D- high level and basic research
- Smart classrooms with latest teaching aids
- Courses: BE-IT, ME-IT, MCA
- Regular conducted academic activities like invited expert talks, workshops, industry visits.