Department of Applied Chemistry was established in the year 1952 along with the establishment of CME department in the Institute. In the early years after establishment, department was involved in teaching engineering chemistry to B.E. students, but later on transformed into a department of P.G. teaching and Research in 1971. Department has well qualified faculty and one of the best equipped laboratory. The outgoing P.G. students are readily absorbed by various industries. Current activities of department include conduction of U. G. and P.G. courses, research, consultancy and testing.