Although the Department is quite young, but still in such short duration it has proudly managed to make its presence felt in the institute with its growing list of achievements:
- The Department organized 1-day workshop on “Innovation” in association with NSS in Oct. 2016.
- The Department organized 2-day workshop on “Entrepreneurship Development and Idea Generation” on 20th and 21st 2017.
- The Department organized 3-day Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp in collaboration with CEDMAP for B.E. IIYr students.
- The Department co-ordinated 2 short-term courses with IIT Bombay on “Soft Skills” and “Workplace Communication,” from 9th to 28th Oct. 2017.
- The Department organized a 12-day Faculty Development Programme on Entrepreneurship.
6.The Department initiated two Open Elective Category subjects, ‘Basics of Entrepreneurship’ and ‘French Language’ for B.E. II year and B.E. III year students respectively for the session 2018-19 successfully.
#Rural Outreach Visits:
With the implementation of Choice Based Credit System by the R.G.P.V. Bhopal, came a new subject, Rural Outreach. This was a subject which was incorporated in the syllabus of I B.E. with an objective to make the engineering students aware about the rural society and understand engineering dimensions of rural livelihood and problems. This subject was given to the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, for teaching. The department took it as a challenge and gave a new dimension to it. Specific Practical Sessions, in the form of actual rural visits were designed to achieve the real learning outcomes. Many rural visits took place in the year 2017-18.
Contribution of the Department in central activities:
In spite of being small, the department is actively involved in the central activities of the institute. Some of the activities in which the department contributed are:
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Start-up Cell of the institute
- E-Cell of the institute